Gauge Series: Analog
Gauge Style: Stepper
Gauge Set Design: Accessory Console
Number of Gauge Housings: 4
Auxiliary Gauge Diameter: 2-5/8 Inch
Gauge Face Color: Black
Bezel Finish: Black Paint
MFG. Part #: 44473
Sold in Quantity: Set
SMi Stepper motor gauges use a small electronic motor that only turns a tiny fraction of a rotation to drive the pointer. It is electronically controlled and is much more precise than the traditional mechanical instruments whose accuracy can be affected by many factors. Many professional race teams - NASCAR, etc. “ are switching to this style of gauge for the improved accuracy (see the in-car cameras). Approved for use by IMCA.
Built-in Warning Lights “ Ultra Bright 2 Stage LED
2 set points are easily adjusted to your needs (critical oil pressure has 3 set points). For example set water temp for just above normal running temp (if you run 215 deg. set it at 230 deg.). Above that the LED comes on to let you know the motor is starting to get warm. Set the second one at the max temp your engine can tolerate (say 250 deg.). At this point the LED flashes to attract your attention, possibly saving motor damage.
Since oil pressure is so critical it has 3 set points.
You can set the first just below normal running pressure (say normal is 60 psi “ set it at 50 psi “ no damage there). At this point the LED comes on. Set the second at 35 psi. The LED flashes “ you need to know here, possible damage. Set the third at 20 psi. Engine damage is likely here. At this third set point the LED continues to flash PLUS the gauge backlight starts to flash. Its hard to miss this “ day or night. It allows you to get the engine shut down before it blows up, saving you money.
- 3 Gauge panel with OP 0“100 psi, WT 100 deg.-280 deg. and FP 0-15 psi
- Gauges are 2-5/8" and have a molded polycarbonate / ABS case (virtually unbreakable)
- An electronic sensor (incl.) is installed on the motor to drive the gauge - no oil or fuel in the drivers compartment for safety.
- Thru-the-dial LED backlights and an illuminated pointer make these easy to read at any speed
- Presentation at turn-on - Gauges go through a self test. Pointers swing full scale and all LEDs come on
- Great looking Aluminum Panel - black anodized with clean, modern graphics - pre-wired and ready for installation
- Can be used with 12 and 16 Volt negative ground systems with or without an Alternator
- Maximum RPM recall - Just push the Recall button
- High RPM Warning light - 2 stage - First warning can be set for just over your normal maximum RPM, the second stage at the redline. You get a warning of too many revs before you blow an engine. Can also be used as a 2 stage shift light.
- LED back light - Back light shows through the dial face PLUS the pointer is LED illuminated to make this the easiest tach to read - and super sharp looking too
- Stepper motor precision tach at an affordable price