DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING so call for details. Call MRP to order 507-381-2228
Run up front with the 400-horsepower CT400 crate engine featuring GM Fast Burn heads! GM Performance Parts' Fast Burn cylinder heads are the fast way to the winner's circle – and they're standard on the 350/400 GM racing engine (often referred to as the "604 crate") from GM Performance Parts.
These IMCA-sealed 604 crate engines, formerly sold as Chevrolet Performance 88869604, are based on the popular Fast Burn 385 street crate engine, but include a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with dual kick-out design, along with a valve cover breather kit and special "kool nut" rocker arm design. The assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold and 1.5:1-ratio aluminum roller rockers.
The 604 crate engine includes a bulletproof bottom end, anchored by a forged steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons. The 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power in the small-block V-8 because of a unique chamber design that quickly and completely burns all of the air/fuel mixture – giving you maximum power. With the CT400 racing engine under the hood of your Modified or Late Model, you'll put a "fast burn" on the competition.
- High-revving matched components
- A fraction of the price of a custom engine
- Sealed with IMCA-issued bolts and is approved for use in IMCA
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
- 400 HP @ 5500 RPM
- 400 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
- 4.00" x 3.48" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression ratio
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .474" intake / .510" exhaust
- Cam duration @ .050": 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms
- 2.00" Intake / 1.55" Exhaust valves
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers w/ breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8 quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- Spark plugs
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- IMCA-approved seal kit
CALL US FOR SPECIAL DEALS!!